Wednesday, February 08, 2006

 

Finally a Pay off

After spending countless hours watching poker on tv and playing more games online plus reading several books on the topic of Texas Hold'em, I finally got my payback. I have been a casual card player since I played my first game of "roodles" at my dads fishing club when I was 10 and I won $4.00. I played alot in college and spent alot of nights playing poker with buddies. I skipped my senior prom to play an all night poker games with some fellow non prom attendees.(such not the ladies man)

Well yesterday I was down in AC at the Hilton not the coolest hotel in AC but they have lots of give backs and I get lots of free over night stays comped. They have a new poker room with several Texas hold'em tournaments each day. So I played in $65 +15 at 2:00pm I made it to the final table out of 20 players and finshed in third place. I won $232.00 not a mega tournamnent win but a nice return on my 85.00. They had a 40.00 +00 (no vig) tournamnet at 6pm I signed up. This was an interesting tournamnet over 40 players most of these guys and girls were, what I call TV players they watch the game on TV and think they can play. They have no stratagy and can make for some intersting bets. The action was fast and furious I played only quality hands and found my self again at the final table. I figured I was about 6th or 7th in chips with number one and two way ahead of everybody, while nine and ten were really short stacked. I again only played quality hands and used positon on the table to gain most of my chips. I again made it to the final three and bowed out. I won 365.00 an even better investment on my original $40.00. The tournament went from 6-10:30 I figured I would have dropped more then that downstairs playing roulette or craps.

The World series of Poker will be at Harrarhs starting todat through nesxt week. I have to check out the schedule but will probally head down and try my luck . till then remember "all you need is a chip and a chair"!!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]